Tuesday, October 25, 2005

25/10/05

Greetings all and welcome to the first ever posting of this, my foray into the wonderful world of blogging. I'll start cutting and pasting a few pics onto it, as well as copies of my other writings as soon as I can figure out how in heck. Every day things come go and fly into the ether. Inspiration is one of those things that comes and goes like a fleeting dream in an afternoon nap. I'm figuring that this medium might motivate me to get the old finger out and actually start doing something, writing down a few of those lost dream fragments that mean so much at the time but disappear with the morning light. Well, that's the honorable intention anyway.

Those of you who know me, know that I'm a bit of a political animal, but I'm just about ready to give up on politics for once and for all. I feel just defeated by what John Howard has achieved. He really is Mr. Lowest Common Denominator. Every single thing that guy represents is ugly and the Australian electorate, it seems, is just too pig ignorant to see it. I'm convinced now that the man is determined to set up a dictatorship. People often fail to realise that all dictatorships only get to operate with the complicity of a large number of people. That was true of the Third Reich and it was true of Stalin and Mao and the rest. It's been an all out assault on workers' rights, refugee rights, student rights and now, of course, civil rights. This latest attack is rubbing the courts up the wrong way it seems. Why? Because they are muttering that the proposed counter-terrorism is illegal. How about that? John Howard, former lawyer and sitting prime minister should damn well know the law better than most. He should have figured out that the war in Iraq was illegal too, but somehow it wasn't in his view. He knows he's breaching the law, knows better than most, but he's arrogant enough to do this. Will this shit finally stick? Will the teflon bandit finally lose his sheen? I hope so, but I'm not optimistic. Mr. Howard, I accuse you of leading the nation right the way down the s-bend. I don't think there's much hope of ever bringing it back. So I give up. You're just as popular as ever. It seems there's no low too miserable for you to sink to. You won't be satisfied until we become another Argentina, another South Africa. Nobody else is allowed to have any power under your system. Not the courts, not the States, certainly not minority interests.

That's enough spleen venting for the moment. I'll be right back with more in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home