Thursday, June 01, 2006

I was reading an article by Douglas Copeland recently about pet peeves. What was it he said that he really hated....people who are incompetent in their job, people who adapt the language of marketing slogans and politicians and the media into their everyday speech and something else that was just so cute and funny and I can't dang well remember. Anway, I'm with him on the first two. I'll add to that that I can't stand people who get upset because you've got a hole in your sock. It's a sock, covered by a shoe, therefore nobody will see it anyway....if civil war broke out I think you'd find there are slightly, ever so slightly more serious things to worry about. Then there's commercial TV, fast food, Dan Brown and all the people who ask me if I've read the Davinci code after I tell them that I enjoy a bit of literature. That's literature, people. hmmm

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

I was told one that I should watch more television. They gave the reason that I was ignorant of pop culture. I think that is crap but I read the DaVinci Code because I didn't want to be ignorant when conversations were sparked by it. It was a waste of my time. Any course in ancient history or medieval europe history would have given the same theories. None of his material was new to me except about Opus Dei.

I hope I don't offend you here but while too much of the world is expecting to be entertained you often seem like you don't get enough entertainment. When you talked about enjoying this article about pet peeves, it made me happy. The world can be a horrible place but it can also be beautiful. cheers, Craig.

6:41 AM  
Blogger D. said...

Daphne, why do you think the davinci code was crap? just because there were no new facts in it?
I thought it was interesting, because of the way it was told and kept the story tense...
ciao, D.

Craig, about holes in socks - why is it good to cover up something?

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home