Sunday, October 30, 2005

ah what the

Monday already and it appears I've let another weekend slide by without contributing much to my own improvement or that of society. Yesterday I just let slip by. Watched a movie, came home, made a few phone calls, watched some TV, went to bed. Wasn't I supposed to spend the whole afternoon typing up more material? It'll have to be next weekend I guess. Got some advice from a friend on Friday night in the pub that my writing needs to be redrafted more, that I shouldn't be touting my rough drafts around town. However, I need to tout them around town if I'm ever going to get the advice and input I need, including his. He gave me the example of Peter Carey who redrafts every chapter exactly eighteen times. Somehow I don't think I'll ever get that far. I couldn't do it any more on my own, of course it's only the beginning but at least I've made a start. I may never end up with anything particularly brilliant, but at least I've done something, left my mark somehow. Not that it means much but it's better than nothing at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home