Monday, April 24, 2006

Well it was a good day today I went for a nice walk through Hyde Park with the students saw the war memorial and the cathedral and the hyde park barracks and mint and parliament I tell ya state parliament is a lovely bit of space those politicians really have it well worked out here it was positively regal and then we strolled down to the park and lunched before heading to the opera house for a quick mosey around then coffee then a walk along pitt street to rhea's place

Well as I was saying to Rhea this morning I'd rather do an MA in creative writing than this crappy thing I'm doing now, if I'm going to be doing anything. Life writing, that's the thing for me. Biography, my own or others'. I can't invent characters, even ones who are pretty closely based on my own disgraceful self. At least then I'd be more motivated to actually study and work on my stuff rather than staring into space, into the screen of the tv or the computer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

you are more creative than you think. However,to really write well, one must write what they are passionate about. I am not a writer, only an avid reader and I can tell when someone really cares about their topic. It is just like music. Only the good songs are full of passion.

so if life stories are your passion, then I say go for it.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Craig Armstrong said...

Absolutely right. With music it's pretty clear isn't it?

2:20 AM  
Blogger Craig Armstrong said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home