Monday, October 31, 2005

....

It's cup day and I'm stuck here until 3 o'clock, meaning I may miss the race that I've already spent a fair bit of money on. To hell with that. I think I'll just slip quietly out the back door at five to and head down the rubba dub dub. It's un-Australian to keep people in on this day of all days. It's also pretty un-Australian to introduce sedition laws that prosecute people for just speaking their mind or having a rant, but that's what we've come to, thanks to an opposition that refuses to do it's job and oppose properly. It's un-Australian to set up a police state in the name of "national security" that does away with all due process but that seems to be what's on the cards. I don't know whether to laugh, cry, kill myself or just flee this place. I figure it's my country and I should have the right to live here in comfort but I don't see how, in the current political climate, I'm going to be able to do that and be myself and say what I think about, you know, stuff. How dare Howard and Ruddock think they have the right to impose their will on the entire population. I didn't vote for them, even if the moronic two thirds of the country did. Anyway, that's enough for now......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home