Sunday, November 06, 2005

oooh

My poor aching blog. I've neglected you baby, but I'm back now. Not good that I didn't write anything yesterday, nor did I really do anything. I got up, went out for breakfast and coffee, walked up to Oxford Street, drank a couple of beers, went to the city, bought a cd, came home and listened to it then listened to a bunch of other music, then called Rhea, watched the news, cooked something, called my mum, watched a bit more tv, surfed the net, went to bed and that was my Sunday. Well it's supposed to be a day of rest and that's what it was, but somehow I still feel guilty that I didn't do a dang thing. Anyway, Saturday was a better day. Hit the demonstration at noon, listened to a bunch of speakers who had some alright things to say about the war, but the streetmarch was really the highlight. One often wonders "Who the hell would vote for John Howard?" but an experience like the march really throws it into sharp relief. Seeing the confused faces of the people in the street who stared at us like we were from Mars, people who haven't thought about things properly in a long while, if ever. People whose lives have been completely cloyed and deadened by brain-zapping consumerism. For once I really felt like I was alive but most people are just dead inside, most of the time and that includes me I'm sorry to say. We really are the lemmings rushing straight over the cliff, the most idiotic generation I can imagine. If I read one more article about the younger generation being more conservative than their parents I think I will have to spontaneously combust. Is that something to be proud of folks? You are so proud of your so-called values but what do you value? Your plasma screen perhaps? Or the fact that the Government you support lies about simply everything? Perhaps you value a complete and wilful ignorance of history. I mean, where do you think your thinking is going to take us. The lemmings keep running towards the edge of the cliff. Everything's ok. Oblivion is really your friend, although it might take you a few seconds to find that out as you whistle through the abyss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home