Monday, January 02, 2006

bin a while

Happy New Year to y'all out there. Supposedly the time to make a fresh start in life. Thus far I haven't imbibed any spirits, so that's a start. But maybe it's time to take a fresh look at the old life in total. Maybe if I'm going to stay in teaching I might as well think positive about it, get better qualified etc. I actually feel good about doing the graduate diploma. I wasn't looking forward to it, but now that I've sent my application off, I think it won't be so bad. Maybe it will help me to breathe new life into the old profession.

I've come to the conclusion that the net provides infinite opportunites for enhancement or destruction. It's all there, all the salvation or damnation you could ever wish for. That's just a thought, no doubt you are perfectly aware of what I mean.

Yes it's been sweltering here, 44 degrees on New Year's day. That's 110 or thereabouts for those of you in the US of A. Thousands of poor suckers hit the beach, only to be driven off it by the midday heat. Us sensible folk headed to the cinema. On a day like that it's touch and go whether the aircon will hold out or whether the whole grid will collapse. Well, we made it through all of Harry Potter (Rhea's choice not mine, at least it gave us more than 2 hours) in comfort. Well, hope your new year was white and lovely and you enjoyed the chill. You really wouldn't want to suffer in this heat, whatever you might think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home