Friday, November 25, 2005

enough already

It's been a while since I've logged on and blogged on. It doesn't seem to take too long for the guilt to take hold as a result of that neglect. Anyway, what is there to say? Christmas is looking like being an enormous root up the bum, what with having to take two weeks off with no pay. It's no good. I'd like to just hibernate for those two weeks and ignore the whole damn thing, not have to spend anything. All that Christmas consumerism, it really sucks the energy out of you.

Rhea and I are back together, for the time being. We're fighting a bit less, although there are the usual share of dramas. It seems she wants more than I can give: house, car, kids etc. I don't know how I'd be able to realistically offer her that. In my job there is no job security whatsoever. Of course I could do a course or two and get a more stable job, but do I really want one? Do I really want to devote myself to teaching that much? I don't even know what I want to do when I grow up, like most people I suppose, and like most teachers I have practically no ambition. My ambition is to get through today, and then get through tomorrow and then one day I'll be dead and I won't have to worry about getting through the day anymore.

I feel like I should be doing some proper writing. I mean, "proper" writing. Ever since this blog has started the other writing has pretty well dried up. Of course there are always lots of things that I should be doing but I'm not. At least the Christmas shopping is almost done. And I even wrote a completely original exercise or two for my students last night. That was a first for the beginner class, I can tell ya. Usually it's Cutting Edge or Headway all the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home